Caitlin and Brandon adore each other, and I can't tell you how fun it was to capture their wedding day. From being so warmly welcomed by Caitlin's family at the beginning of the day to capturing their friends' awesome dance moves at the end, this was such a great way to end my 2015 season. So much love!
I'll never forget meeting Danielle and Ed and thinking, "OK, I want to work with this couple." Besides being fun and funny and personable and kind, they are just good people and you understand that the minute you meet them.
Danielle and Ed's wedding was such an awesome reflection of them. It was full of all these great moments. Simple, touching, hilarious. The entire day was such a great tribute to them and the people they love. Some of the most notable moments of their fall wedding day include:
- Danielle's parents opening their gifts from their daughter. Danielle and her sister and parents are so close and have such a beautiful relationship. It was so fun to watch them all support each other and laugh and cry together all day.
- All the thoughtful ways Danielle included her grandparents in her day, including wearing her late grandma's bracelet and doing a special dance with her grandpa at her reception.
- Watching how much respect Ed's family and friends have for him. Not surprising because that guy is pretty cool. ;)
- Ed's varied emotions as Danielle walked down the aisle. Their's was the sweetest "first look" I've ever photographed.
- The wedding party being champs about taking photos in a wind storm! We actually lucked out with the weather as it called for rain all afternoon, so I'll take that wind thankyouverymuch.
- Danielle's dad's touching toast to his little girl. I'm telling you. This family.
- Ed's brother gifting the newlyweds with a pumpkin during his toast. Hilarious.
- Ed serenading his new wife with Home. :)
- And … drumroll, please … Ed and his dad serenading the entire crowd with their harmonica skills. That family is talented!
Danielle and Ed, I can't thank you enough for all your kindness and generosity over the last year-and-a-half. It was SO FUN to photograph your wedding day, and it just made me adore you two even more. Hugs!
Ceremony: St. Dominic
Reception: The Metropolitan at the 9
Videographer: Infocus Studios
Florist: Life in Bloom
Cake: Michael Angelo's
Band: The Avenue
Makeup Artist: Lisa Adams
Hair Stylist: Monica Colagiovanni
Bride's Dress: Allure
Bride's Shoes: Badgley Mischka
Bridesmaids' Dresses: Bill Levkoff
Sherry and Alex were the BEST couple to help me kick off my 2015 wedding season. These two are so incredibly sweet with each other and everyone around them. All day they made sure that my second shooter Samantha and I were well taken care of. One of my favorite memories from their day? When we showed up to the reception and saw that they had set aside a table for us labeled "Beauty Capturers." I think I laughed out loud, but I had been laughing the whole day so it was just another happy moment.
Sherry is hilarious … in a really unexpected way. One minute she was talking with her bridesmaids, the next she had them cracking up at the punchline of one her infamous jokes (telling jokes is a habit she picked up in med school). Alex didn't stop smiling at her the entire day. He has the kindest disposition I've ever witnessed, and the two of them together are unstoppable.
Some of my other favorite moments from their day:
- Sherry reading The Little Prince while she was waiting to go to the first look.
- The flowering trees that started blooming just in time for Sherry and Alex's sunny wedding day!
- The hilarious groomsmen group hug.
- Listening to the ceremony (and reception!) translated into Chinese for out-of-country guests.
- Sherry and Alex's Chinese tea ceremony.
- Alex's violin performance.
Ceremony and Reception: Cleveland Botanical Garden Videographer: KRR Production Cake: Tai Wah Chinese Restaurant Hair Stylist: Ramona Dauksa Bride's Dress: Simply Bridal Honeymoon: Singapore and Indonesia!
Jocelyn and Aaron met in the ER … but it's not like you probably think. Aaron was on his ER rotation for med school and Jocelyn was working in the admitting department. He asked her out (a couple times), and she said yes. What a perfect boy-meets-girl story for this doctor and nurse.
These two--both of them--have hearts of solid gold. You really couldn't meet nicer people than Jocelyn and Aaron, and it just makes sense that they're together. They're both so poised, genuine, articulate, kind and full of light.
"Jocelyn can light up a room with how she smiles and with her personality," Aaron said. "She is also beautiful and smart."
Yes, yes and yes!
"Aaron's compassion for others and his patience [are my favorite things about him]," Jocelyn said. "He is always looking at the positive side of everything!"
Yes, yes and … yes! :)
I know I sound like a broken record every time I post a wedding but every, single one of my clients is fantastic. I really can't say anything else except continue to gush over them, and Jocelyn and Aaron are no exception. I feel so very fortunate to meet the lovely people I do and have the opportunity to document one of the biggest days of their lives!
And now, on to Jocelyn and Aaron's wedding ...
Ceremony: Lighthouse Bible Church Reception: Tudor Arms Hotel Florist: Alicia Herrle, Sheer Style Bakery: Michael Angelo's DJ: Midnight Music Makeup Artist: Ramona Dauska Hair Stylist: Randy Fitch Bride's Dress: Pat Catans, Maggie Sottero Bride's Shoes: Badgley Miscka Bridesmaids' Dresses: Pat Catans, Bill Levkoff Tuxes: Vera Wang Transportation: A-1 Mr. Limo Honeymoon: Antigua!