Here's my annual plug for Juma Gallery! I really, really love this art gallery/boutique/coffee shop located in my neighborhood. It's so nice to have a trendy spot within walking distance, and I really like Erica, the store owner. Juma Gallery instantly makes me feel more sophisticated. I mean, just take a look at the beautiful things housed inside this shop. Make sure to check it out if you're visiting Shaker! :)
Every morning, right after I wake up, I make a smoothie and settle down on the couch to check my e-mail and watch The Ellen Degeneres Show. I love this part of my day because the house is quiet (except for Ellen's infectious laugh) and I'm starting the morning with positivity. The Ellen Show for me is kind of like everyone else's Modern Family or Grey's Anatomy—I watch it religiously and never miss an episode. It's kind of embarrassing how much I talk about the show. Almost every day, as soon as Nathan walks in the door, I'm regaling him with something that happened on Ellen. You would think I knew the lady personally. I want to be like Ellen when I grow up and have fun no matter what the heck I'm doing.
If you need a Thursday morning pick me up (or you just want an excuse to laugh), here are two of my all-time favorite Ellen clips. Ahhhh, they never get old! :)
Ellen pranks spa-goers:
Hello, friends! I took a week off to spend the holidays with my family and it's been SO refreshing. My batteries are recharged and I'm ready to tackle 2013 with gusto. :) More on that tomorrow; right now I want to share my favorite Christmas presents with you all as my final Favorite Things of 2012!
1. Fine Art Wedding Photography by Jose Villa. Ohhh I have longed for this book since Jose (we're on a first-name basis) announced it's arrival on his website! I adore his work and am so excited to get a peek into his creative process and business perspective.
2. Couples Massage at Solaire. Nathan got tired of me asking for a massage after every, single wedding and decided to splurge on a massage for BOTH of us. :) I cannot wait!
3. Sweetie Fry Gift Card. I'm pretty sure I'm one of Sweetie Fry's #1 sources of advertisement. I'm not kidding you, if you Google Image "Sweetie Fry, Cleveland Heights," Nathan and I pop up in the first few rows. It's pretty embarrassing actually. But it's no surprise that one of my favorite gifts is the chance to do another late-night run in the near future. :)
4. J.Crew Fair Isle Sweater. This is the coziest sweater! I could wear it to bed. :)
5. The Smoothies Bible. One of my New Year's resolutions is to eat more balanced meals, aka more fruits and veggies. I love smoothies, and this book is giving me so many fabulous (and HEALTHY) ideas!
In my last Favorite Things post, I mentioned how excited I was to have an eclectic coffee shop and store in my neighborhood. Well, here it is! Juma just opened, and I've already been there five times! See how excited I am? If you're in the area, you should definitely check it out! There are great Christmas present ideas and coffee and a cute little store in the back with repurposed, rustic furniture.