We're getting into a rhythm over here, guys! I'm saying that while knocking on wood because things could very well change tomorrow, but for now I at least feel like I kind of have a handle on this motherhood thing. ;) This month's big goal is figuring out how to introduce work into this new little life we've created for ourselves.
One thing I'm constantly reminding myself: Be present wherever you are. If I'm with Nolan, I want to be with Nolan (that means NO screens or multitasking ... it's SO hard)! If I'm working, I'm all out hustling to get my work done efficiently. I have a feeling I'll be reminding myself of this every day until Nolan's off to college, but I think the effort is worth it. I feel a lot less guilty and stressed if I can give 100% of myself to the thing in front of me. Mamas, give me alllll your tips for work-life balance with a baby!
- Read Lab Girl by Hope Jahren and Healthy Sleep Habits, Healthy Child by Marc Weissbluth
- Finish filing our personal photos on a USB
- Clean out our windowsills in preparation for lots of breezy summer days!
- Switch my closet over to warm-weather clothes (a little behind on this one!)
- Take Nolan to the farmers market
- Start a new workout routine
- Blog at least five times
- Prepare for my first weddings of the year