Do these two look charming or what? They're 100% like this in real life too. Mallory and James make the little things really, really fun and they're head over heels for each other. I just got a note from them with a countdown to their wedding day. 270 days to go, and I couldn't be more excited to document another piece of their story.
Amber and Jeff's wedding was breathtakingly gorgeous from start to finish. No detail was left undone at their Garden Party-themed wedding, and every guest came donned in a bow tie, floppy hat or pearls.
These two made sure their day was intimate and cozy and personal. I felt it from the minute I met Amber and Jeff at the spa that morning. They worked hard to include me and make me feel like a special part of the day; I can only imagine that their guests felt well-loved from start to finish.
Amber and Jeff, I've adored getting to know you over the last year. You both have the biggest hearts! I'm looking forward to grabbing that brunch at Fire. ;)
Ceremony and Reception: Glidden House Florist: Vase to Vase Cake: White Flower Band: RadioActive Hair & Makeup: Lindsay London Bride's Dress: Divine Atelier, Bella Bleu Bridal Bride's Shoes: Gianvito Rossi Groom's Tux: Hugo Boss Rings: Wanderlust Jewelers Vintage Rentals: Borrow Rentals Ice Cream: Piccadilly Creamery Honeymoon: Ireland!
Laura and Jack are two of the most magnetic people on this planet. When you take a look at their wedding photos, you'll know what I mean. They're charismatic, they know how to have a good time and … they're good dancers. ;) They are also so, so, SO, so hilarious. All the laughter in these photos is 100% real.
Cleveland holds a special place in the hearts of these two now-DCers. Laura grew up in this lovely city of ours, and Jack went to college just outside the city. They're so loyal to all things CLE that they knew they had to get married here.
This is the most epic Cleveland wedding I have ever photographed. From portraits downtown to sailing around the city on the Goodtime III, Laura and Jack did their city proud. Cleveland misses you two and can't wait until you return!
My very favorite moments from their wedding include:
- Laura's constant spunk and permanent smile from the second she opened the door in her hotel room.
- All things turquoise! Including Laura's gorgeous wedding band.
- The toast with the bridesmaids and Laura's cute, little niece!
- The groomsmen juggling (I didn't experience it firsthand, but from what I hear it was pretty impressive).
- Laura dancing all the way to the first look ...
- … And then the dance party that took place afterwards.
- The groomsmen running up the hill over the convention center.
- The exchange of rings during the ceremony. It was a little hot inside the church, and I think there were some swollen fingers (haha)!
- Being on a boat for the entire reception!
- The amazing dance party that continued all night.
It was SO fun, guys. Thanks for having us! (And thanks to my amazing second shooter, Maria!)
Ceremony: St. Peter Parish Reception: Goodtime III Wedding Coordinators: Tiffany Dziak and Tiffany McEndarffer Florist: Al Wilhelmy Band: Hey Jimmy Makeup Artist: Shelly Theiling Hair Stylist: Haley Delzani, Lather Bride's Dress: Adele by Christos, Hitched Bride's Shoes: Kate Spade Bridesmaids' Dresses: J.Crew Groom's Tux: J.Crew Groomsmen's Suits: Custom designed from Everything Bespoke Bowties: Brooks Brothers Black Fleece Stationery: Ting Stationery Honeymoon: Italy and France!
Alex and Travis got married on an overcast spring day on Alex's family's apple orchard. The cloudy sky made the greens of the orchard pop and the light just right for their outdoor wedding ceremony. I was smitten with everything, including the lovely couple, from start to finish.
These two are so caring and patient with each other. They're incredibly selfless and really, really good at living in the moment, which is something so admirable in one person, let alone a couple! Alex and Travis love their family and friends fiercely and worked so hard to include everyone in their big day.
I have SO many favorite moments from their wedding day:
- Alex's excited calm (is that an oxymoron? Regardless, it's true!) from the moment I arrived. She was just ready to be married. :)
- My tour of the orchard from Alex's dad. That pretty much sums up these families. They were so attentive to me and everyone else when they could have been doing 957 other things!
- Travis' cousin helping him get ready in the yard. :) I will ask you to do photos outside at every opportunity.
- The bridesmaids putting on Alex's veil outside. Hilarious, but successful!
- Alex's niece who hammed it up as a cute, little flower girl.
- The incredibly touching ceremony, complete with a beautiful vocal by Travis' cousin.
- And the rain that held off for said ceremony. The sun broke through the clouds just as Alex and Travis were being pronounced husband and wife.
- The beautiful and colorful spread of hors d'oeuvres and dinner lovingly created by Alex's brother-in-law. It was some of the most delicious wedding food I've ever tasted!
- The emotional father-daughter dance.
Ceremony and Reception: Hillcrest Orchards Florist: Life in Bloom Cake: Wendy Kromer Confections Caterer: Kevin McGuire DJ: A Bride's DJ Hair and Makeup: Aveda Salon, Oberlin Bride's Dress: Blue by Enzoani, Wendy's Bridal Honeymoon: Kauai, Hawaii!