Well, March wasn't my favorite month, but I loved the way it ended. Nathan and I traveled to Lexington, Va., for an amazing wedding this last weekend. The whole experience was SO wonderful—from the bride and groom and their families to the weather to the reception details to the B&B we stayed in. That picture up there is the view from Brierley Hill Bed & Breakfast. If you're ever in the Lexington area or passing through to D.C., you absolutely need to check it out. I can't believe how beautiful it is out there! Nathan and I started contemplating whether or not we should move. ;)
So, after an awesome weekend in Lexington and a quick but fulfilling Easter dinner with my family, I'm ready to tackle April. Here's to hoping I do better with my goals than I did in March:
Finish editing February wedding and send vendor discs. Shoot all March weddings and stick to my new two-week turnaround on each.(So far, so good!) Submit at least one March wedding for publication.(Excited about this!)
- Clean up my office each day after office hours are over. (Hahaha ... really epic fail.)
Rent the markiii to see if it’s worth the buy (Eeeee!).(Rented it, loved it. EXCEPT for the focusing in low-light situations. Those of you that have rented the markiii or own it, do you experience this?! It makes me nervous ... ) Blog every weekday.(All but one!)
- Read three books (
Fine Art Wedding Photography, Bread & Wine,The Scent of Rain and Lightening). Finish my office and blog it! (Come on office chair that I’m waiting on!)
- Clean two more boxes out of our junk room.
- Cook at least 2/week.
- Work out 4/week. (Being sick for two weeks kinda set me back on a lot of stuff. Hopefully April will be better!)
- Stretch each night before bed.
And my April goals:
- Get completely caught up with all March and April weddings so I can go into May with a clean plate!
- Research the markiii a little more (i.e., figure out why low-light focusing was such a problem).
- Clean up my office each day after office hours are over.
- Research Two Bright Lights and potentially join.
- Blog every weekday.