Alonzo might look like a super serious guy in these photos, but don’t let him fool you. He is the best deadpan jokester I’ve ever met. I’m pretty sure Sonya and I were laughing and/or shaking our heads at him the whole session. So yeah, this couple is really fun.
Sonya & Alonzo | Voinovich Park EngagementJuly 10, 2015
Amy & Tim | Signature of Solon WeddingJuly 9, 2015
Some of my favorite moments from their big day:
- The big group of smiling bridesmaids that greeted us when we arrived. Let’s just say that Amy and Tim have a lot of friends!
- Tim’s nervous excitement while he was getting ready … and his awesome gift from Amy: a big, hardcover Calvin and Hobbes book. I kinda wanted to borrow it from him.
- Tim stealing glances at Amy throughout the ceremony.
- The hilarious groomsmen who liked to give us photographers a hard time. Ha!
- The gorgeous sunny (and hot!) spring day they got, despite it being forecasted to rain.
- The wedding party serenading Amy and Tim during their first dance.
- Amy’s dad’s hilarious and heartfelt toast.
- The amazingly delicious chocolate salted caramel wedding cake from Hummingbird Bake Shop. Yum.
July GoalsJuly 6, 2015
Well, hello! I’m not quite sure how one whole month passed without a blog post. Last month was a bit of a blur, and it ended with a wonderfully relaxing vacation to South Carolina. And now here we are. In July.
I only have one wedding this month, plus a lot of fun travel. I think it’s going to be a good time to get caught up on that “Summer Fun List” hanging on our refrigerator. Nathan and I have lots of concerts + games + farmer’s markets to attend. And there’s definitely more ice cream that needs to be eaten. What’s on your list of MUST DO’S this summer?
Read The Girl on the Train (SO good so far!) and A House in the Sky
Start Savor, a daily devotional by Shauna Niequist
Book our anniversary trip
Go to another Indians game
Go on two bike rides with Nathan
Visit the Shaker Heights Farmer’s Market
Be fully present while visiting two new places (NOLA and a tiny, lakefront town in Canada!)
Get completely caught up on editing
Get caught up on vendor galleries
Submit a wedding
Keep my Inbox below 10 each morning
After my first experience with Project Two Roll, I was so hungry for more! I loved shooting for myself and having the freedom to play around with things that I don’t necessarily have time for on a wedding day. I so enjoyed hanging out with a fun, creative, inspiring person and learning more about how she excels at her craft. And I especially swooned over the film scans when they showed up in my Inbox!
I was immediately on the hunt for a new project, so you can imagine my excitement when Karin and Rebecca of Something White agreed to be my next models! After throwing around a couple ideas, Karin suggested that I document them getting ready for their big 5-year anniversary. Yes, please!
These talented ladies run the coolest bridal boutique, located in the heart of Independence. It is so creatively inspiring–the dresses, the charming shop, all the different textures and the natural light. It’s really a photographer’s dream, and Karin and Rebecca are so charming themselves. If you’re looking for a unique wedding gown, you must check them out! And if you go THIS month, there may be a couple surprises in store for you.
Here’s the result of an afternoon of decorating and celebrating. Cheers to five years, you two!
(Shot on Portra 800 | Developed/Scanned by Richard Photo Lab)