April was a bit of a whirlwind for us. A good whirlwind, but still. It went by quickly and slowly all at the same time. Those first couple weeks of Nolan's life we were running on pure adrenaline. It really is true that each day and week gets easier but it's also easy to get lost in the will-my-life-EVER-feel-normal-again?! haze.
Now that we're in week four, I've hit the how-is-my-baby-this-big-already?! cliché. Having a newborn really is so bittersweet. You live to see them develop and grow but you also simultaneously miss their tininess from just a week ago.
Oh, how life has changed. I think we're in for the ride of our lives. :)
In other news, I have a couple small goals for this month while I continue to enjoy maternity leave and soak up every minute with little Nolan. Cheers to spring and all the beautiful weather and blooms that come with it!
- Finish On Becoming Baby Wise by Robert Bucknam and Dark Matter by Blake Crouch
- File our personal photos on a new external hard drive
- Design and order one of our annual photo albums
- Update client galleries on Pixieset
- Order and mail Nolan's birth announcements
- Take Nolan on his first road trip! Nathan's sister gets married in Indiana in a week!