People always ask me what I do all winter since I'm not usually shooting much January through April. It's my favorite time because while I DO get to relax a bit, I also get to do stuff around the house and for my business that definitely does not get done in the summer and fall. De-cluttering my office (it's officially 25% lighter right now!), designing albums, actually writing blog posts (ha!) ... I kept pretty busy in January and I actually crossed off every one of my goals. That never happens, which maybe says something about my overly ambitious goal setting!
This month I'm looking forward to more preparation for the season we're about to walk into. I want to get things done that I might not be able to do as easily for a long time. That has me more motivated than anything else!
- Finish Easy to Love, Difficult to Discipline by Becky Bailey and read Mr. Penumbra's 24-Hour Bookstore by Robin Sloan and Real Happiness by Sharon Salzberg (I guess I technically didn't finish my reading goal for the month since I'm still working on the parenting book, but I did read another book in its place! Check out my Goodreads to see my recent favorites)
- Finish taxes
- De-clutter reading/guest/junk room, kitchen and our bathroom
- Pick a pediatrician
- Design two of our annual photo albums
- Finish the last travel wall in our dining room
- Send all 2016 vendor galleries
- Submit two weddings
- Order extra stationery and supplies for the business
- Update workflow chalkboard