July always sneaks up on me a little. The Fourth of July makes me feel like summer's half over (I know it's not but for some reason it feels that way!), and it's always a little sad ... summer flying by, that is.
Nathan and I had a quiet little Fourth just the two of us. It's been a few years since we just hung out at home over this holiday. Since Nathan has a corporate job, his vacation days are limited and we always strettttttch them as much as possible, which usually means that we're traveling over holiday weekends!
Not this time though. We went for a bike ride, had lunch downtown and read a little to the sound of rain out our windows. It was a perfectly lazy day!
And it's true what they say about the power of a day off: It really sets you up for a productive next few days. Let's do this, July!
- Finish An Irish Doctor in Love and at Sea by Patrick Taylor and Rising Strong by Brené Brown and read I Let you Go by Clare Mackintosh
- Donate and sell unwanted clothes
- Spend an afternoon at the pool
- Update tax document
- Decide on a mini sessions date!
- Get caught up on editing
- Submit one wedding for publication
- Shoot two weddings!
P.S. That photo down there is my favorite from our trip to Venice a couple months ago! It's a little preview of my Venice blog post coming later this week. :)