Alex and Travis got married on an overcast spring day on Alex's family's apple orchard. The cloudy sky made the greens of the orchard pop and the light just right for their outdoor wedding ceremony. I was smitten with everything, including the lovely couple, from start to finish.
These two are so caring and patient with each other. They're incredibly selfless and really, really good at living in the moment, which is something so admirable in one person, let alone a couple! Alex and Travis love their family and friends fiercely and worked so hard to include everyone in their big day.
I have SO many favorite moments from their wedding day:
- Alex's excited calm (is that an oxymoron? Regardless, it's true!) from the moment I arrived. She was just ready to be married. :)
- My tour of the orchard from Alex's dad. That pretty much sums up these families. They were so attentive to me and everyone else when they could have been doing 957 other things!
- Travis' cousin helping him get ready in the yard. :) I will ask you to do photos outside at every opportunity.
- The bridesmaids putting on Alex's veil outside. Hilarious, but successful!
- Alex's niece who hammed it up as a cute, little flower girl.
- The incredibly touching ceremony, complete with a beautiful vocal by Travis' cousin.
- And the rain that held off for said ceremony. The sun broke through the clouds just as Alex and Travis were being pronounced husband and wife.
- The beautiful and colorful spread of hors d'oeuvres and dinner lovingly created by Alex's brother-in-law. It was some of the most delicious wedding food I've ever tasted!
- The emotional father-daughter dance.
Ceremony and Reception: Hillcrest Orchards Florist: Life in Bloom Cake: Wendy Kromer Confections Caterer: Kevin McGuire DJ: A Bride's DJ Hair and Makeup: Aveda Salon, Oberlin Bride's Dress: Blue by Enzoani, Wendy's Bridal Honeymoon: Kauai, Hawaii!