Sometimes I just can't make a blog post any shorter. I totally tried, but Allie and John's wedding had so many great moments, and I couldn't leave out any of them! The thing I love most about weddings is that each day tells an entirely unique story. That's incredibly exciting for a photographer … especially one who loves to capture the day from start to finish!
This wedding was full of so much love. Between Allie and John of course, but also between the two of them and their families and friends. Both Allie and John wanted this day to be about their relationships with the people they adore most, and I think everyone left that night feeling so loved.
Some of my favorite moments from this sweet couple's day:
- Allie's incredible kindness from the moment we walked in the door. She immediately gave me a hug and put Samantha and me at ease.
- Allie's bridesmaids' excitement when she stepped out of the hair and makeup chair. She was gorgeous. I think there was some clapping involved.
- The hilarious contrast of walking out of the girls' suite to find the guys playing games in the bar and wearing their sunglasses inside. The difference between how girls and guys get ready never fails to make me laugh.
- The first look. And watching John's nervous excitement seconds before he saw Allie in her wedding dress.
- The nice golfer that insisted John take a swing on his wedding day. And the polite golf clap from his groomsmen when he nailed the shot. (Note: The groomsmen were hilarious.)
- Allie's sister marrying them.
- The ice cream truck that showed up halfway through the reception. That thing was a crowd pleaser for sure!
- The selfie stick that never left the dance floor.
- And while we're at it … the JAM-PACKED dance floor the entire night. I've never seen so many good moves in one place. Of course I'm partial to the groomsman doing a straddle jump (or toe touch for all you cheerleaders out there), but everyone was killing it on that dance floor. :D