The long and short of it: I was inspired by my mentor, Amanda Donaho, who started giving away a wedding photography package (read: for free!) each year on her birthday. How awesomely generous is that?? When I started my business, I realized I could do the same thing. Weddings are expensive, people. That fact is not lost on me, even as someone who works in the industry. Sometimes we get caught up in the details and all the number crunching and forget that a wedding is really about two people coming together in marriage.
Last year, I decided to follow Amanda's example and help a couple go a little easier on their budget and hopefully focus that attention on their upcoming nuptials. Sarah and Steven walked away with the prize, and their wedding will be held this October. I'm excited to document it! :)
So, without further ado ...
I'm giving away a 2014 wedding photography package! No strings attached.
Here’s what you need to know:
- No purchase necessary.
- The giveaway includes eight hours of wedding day coverage; one photographer; a DVD of high-resolution, edited images (color and black and white) with rights to print; and an online gallery to share with family and friends (a $2,100 value). You can take it as is or add a la carte items to this base package to create the coverage you want.
- You can nominate you and your fiancé(e) or a deserving couple (couple must be engaged and have a 2014 wedding date set).
- I repeat, this giveaway is for a 2014 wedding (I am already booked for some 2014 weddings; if your date doesn’t work with my schedule, I will let you know as soon as I receive your entry. NOTE: I do not have any June 2014 availability).
- I will travel! Literally anywhere (Travel fees [airfare/car and hotel] will apply to weddings outside of greater Cleveland and greater Cincinnati).
- Please consider your contractual obligations with another photographer before entering (those nominating: please verify this with couple).
- Current LBP couples are not eligible.
Here’s how you apply:
- E-mail me (subject: “Wedding Giveaway” to email@example.com) with the following information:
- Wedding date, location and venues.
- Contact information.
- A paragraph about why you think receiving this giveaway would be fabulous/how it would help you.
- A paragraph about how you (or the couple if you're nominating) give back.
- A couple sentences about the theme/style of the wedding.
- A photo of the couple.
- Like my Facebook page and share this post (if you don’t have Facebook, let me know in your e-mail). Please make sure to tag "Lane Baldwin Photography" in your shared post. :)
Submissions will be accepted for one week, until Friday, June 28, at midnight. On Monday, July 1, I will post the three finalists (chosen by yours truly based on availability, need and wedding style) and open up voting to YOU to decide the winning couple. The runners-up will receive 10% off their package price if they choose to book.