I've had this thing looming over me. This single task that was written on my 101 list: Blog EVERY DAY for a month. I was slightly terrified. Ever since I've been part of this industry, I've admired those photographers who not only blog every day, but blog really relevant and well-written content. I can now say from experience that it's really hard! At the same time, I realized that the blogs I was visiting every day were the blogs that would have new content every day. And if anyone out there is reading this, I want to make sure I have new content for them every day.
So, a few things I learned from blogging "every" day for a month:
- It's really hard. Period.
- You have to hold yourself to a standard of grace. I missed two days of blogging and I was all bent out of shape about it, but you know what? Sometimes you have to cut yourself some slack.
- I need to work on getting blogs done the day before so that my content is better ... all around.
- I kinda like it. And I think I'm going to continue.
What about you bloggers out there? Do you blog every day? What inspires you?
Just for fun, I wanted to share some of my favorite photography blogs, most of which I check each and every day!
- Caroline Joy (she doesn't post every day, but her work is BEAUTIFUL)
- Nancy Ray (she just seems like a sweet girl; I want to be her friend!)
- Amanda Donaho (OUR wedding photographer! :) )
- Jasmine Star (how can you not?!)
- Katelyn James (love her colorful images!)
- Christy Tyler (she posts EVERY day without fail ... amazing)
- Abby Grace (see above!)
- Jose Villa (unbelievable film images)
- Mikaela Ruth (I want to be like her)
- Bobbi + Mike (I'm so impressed with how they see things)
- Brandon Kidd (he shoots the most amazing weddings!)
And just because I can't post without a picture, here's another one from my wedding last weekend. The full wedding will be on the blog on Thursday!