Oh man, I loved this wedding. For lots of different reasons:
- Sarah and Graham are really cool people. :) Nathan and Graham are friends from grad school. They both got (or Graham's almost got!) a masters in renewable and clean energy engineering, and they're both in the Air Force. So, naturally I like Graham and Sarah, too!
- Their wedding was SO perfectly them. It was held at the Glen House Bed and Breakfast in Yellow Springs, Ohio, which is located on a nature preserve and filled with art and really cool details and architecture. The whole day was tied together so well ... you'll see.
- Both of their families were so welcoming and checked on me throughout the day.
- I had tons of time for portraits and detail shots, and ...
- Oh yeah! I got to shoot this wedding BY MYSELF! Ahhhh! I was so excited that Graham and Sarah asked me to be a part of their day, and being the photographer for their wedding helped me realize just how much I love photography. Wedding photography is STRESSFUL because you have to capture everything. Period. You can't mess up because it only happens once! But, thankfully, all went smoothly and I actually enjoyed the hectic pace.
So, because of all that, I couldn't pare down my photo selection. I love photography, and really, photojournalism, because it's a lot like writing. You're telling a story with your images, and it's jackpot when you get those perfect shots that fill in the gaps between the main story. Enjoy Sarah and Graham's story!